Wednesday 26 November 2008

Jog On! :D

Accomplished rather a lot in today's flat work session :o)
Apart from at the start we walked past the feed rooms and there was rustling of the feed bags which left Mayfly in a huff about missing a chance of food!

Began by attempting to work on our medium trot (gradual lengthening of stride). I can never quite understand Mayfly as she can do a superb extended trot out on a hack but of course in the arena it is a different story...why must she make life so hard?
Then I was rather shocked by her unwilling clear transition to canter from trot! I think that I have been doing to much walk or halt to canter so I spent the rest of the time doing plenty of transitions around the arena which always ends up with Fly anticipating every next move therefore we were jogging around in trot and canter. lol crazy Mare!

She zoomed straight into her stable afterwards without me getting a look in as her food was waiting there for her...this meant she was incredibly unhappy to be dragged out of there for me to un-tack her! :P

No comments: