Sunday 16 November 2008

The Best Yet!!

Things could not be better, Mayfly is feeling great a the moment, and it is really showing!

Due to Bonnie's leg flaring up this morning and be unable to go to the lesson they had planned, I went instead and had an amazing jumping lesson...taught by Sarah, a professional eventer.

I brought Fly in from the field, and I think she new what was coming even thought there was no sign of the lorry yet, she was all tall with her lip wobbling at 100miles per minute, and kept pooing! haha.
And treat lady (Phoebe) gave her some Smoothie just to give her some more sugar!

She started off a little lazy, silly mare only going at her pace! But by the end of it we were flying round a course giving some good height over a range of jumps from 2ft9-3ft3.
We did a grid/combo with the last jump a 3ft3ish spread :o)
Then we moved onto doing a complete course - I manage to remember it, and jump the jumps all correctly, which is a bonus compared to our last attempts of a course!

I learnt a lot to help me set Fly up to a jump well.
I got her into a powerful bouncy canter and kept the rhythm going all the way into and after the jump, as she tends to have a lot of power but lose it all a few strides before the jump and we end up jumping into the ground! lol
It was a great feeling and a successful day, I even jumped a rather large and scary arrowhead cross country jump for our "finalé". Get us! hehe

I will give Mayfly the day off tomorrow as she has had a rather busy weekend, and has done me very proud :D

No comments: