Sunday 23 November 2008

ICE, ahh soo Cold

The first proper Ice.

It brought many problems...
The taps were frozen so we had to wet the feeds from water from the annex - which wasn't too easy.
Couldn't fill waters.
The yard was like an ice rink so couldn't get Mayfly out of the barn!
On a plus we got a new hose today which is very swish and I enjoyed using it once the taps were working.
Due to these problems I spent the morning being rather bored...and it was raining hail just to make the day even better.
I decided to pull Mayfly's main as it was in desperate need, she was not a happy bunny about that :P

The sun eventually came out at about 11:30 so I took Penny in the arena for some fun.

Then the ice on the yard melted so then I took Mayfly into the arena just to stretch her legs as she had not been out (to be quite honest I am sure she didn't want to go out anyway!)

I messed around in the arena with her...bareback with her rugs on as it was still freezing. hehe

Eventually we went for a nice hack along with Benjamin and Bonnie. Was rather wet out so could only walk and trot but was still enjoyable, apart from Mayfly was not happen that she couldn't gallop everywhere, so she kept trying to shoot off...I was a bit stuck with a strong Fly, but I guess I am used to that by now! lol
Unfortunately had to clean my tack when we got back because it was covered in mud. Urg that was boring!

Ohh and discovered a tiny bit of mud fever developing on one of her front leggies so coated that in suda-cream.

No comments: