Sunday 21 December 2008

Don't need the Hunt to go Hunting!

Fabulous weather, perfect for some hacking...or should I call it hunting?!

Who needs the hunt..
For the hounds and fellow horses - I've got the squirrels and deer.
For the horn - the bird scarers.
For the jumps - the puddles/water filled dips.
And I definitely have the mud, but I can choose not to go gallivanting through it!
hehe

The hack started rather interestingly...
we came along some building work - loud noises and scary vehicles. The one thing that Mayfly can't cope with it clashy noisy vehicles, so this wasn't to fun to start. Luckily the kind men stopped work and turned off the engines once they realised I was there :o)
Next some dear sprung themselves upon us. lol. We were wandering along when a deer shot out about 1 metre in front of us, Fly wasn't too bothered until she and I realised that standing literally next to us in the bushes was yet another deer. After much shouting from me it shot across the track to join the other, then they both shot back again, then three of them shot across again! I trotted on assuming they were well and truely gone (singing as I went) and then up the track the three of them shot across again!!!

We found another new hack..Fly kept attempting to turn around as I think she though we were lost and she would do the honors of taking us both home. haha
Actually was a pleasant hack, discovered some lovely gallop tracks :D
Also raced a squirrel - something rather new and interesting!

There is one problemo which may mean my happy hacking might have to go on hold..Mayfly usually gets shod every 4 weeks, but for some reason she isn't booked to be shod for 6 weeks. Lets hope either the farrier can come soon or the shoes stay put. lol

No comments: