Monday 8 December 2008

CRAZZYY Horsey!

I have now come to the decision that giving Mayfly a day off when she is only having like 1 hour turn-out a day and spending the rest of her day inhaling haylige and standing still is, well not a clever idea.

I was left with a very sweaty, jiggy mare and a hot tried me by the end of today's session!

However, she did not fail to make me happy...
Our Leg yielding is close to perfect, today instead of shoulders falling outwards there was actually bum driving outwards - WOW
me thinks she was too excited today to managed medium trot I just got canter, but I did get some very collected trot...passage next (or not).
Also managed counter counter quite well... it's just the change back that she struggles with. lol
And our half pirouette to canter is wonderful, and canter to halt...well, she is like one of those western horses when is comes to that, as she slams on the breaks. lol

Ended with some ground work, she has got the idea of following me around a circle and following me in general. I am now onto teaching her to go back easily.
And she makes me laugh when I run she throws her head around and comes trotting after me. hehe

Yet again dinner was awaiting her...silly me thought the stable door was bolted so took her bridle off and she rushed to it and pulled the door open, she is too clever for her own good! She does have to realise that her dinner is not going to grow legs and run away. haha

No comments: