Wednesday 24 December 2008

Bad News..No Christmas Hack

Look At poor Mayfly's Windgalls!

Windgalls are caused by build of fluid in the fetlock joint, and also excess fluid in the sheath - so close to the tendons.
She has had them for many years, but they're bigger than usual, and we are thinking that maybe they are causing her lameness.
So Mayfly had yesturday to rest and when she is in her stable her legs are being bandaged up to help relieve the pressure off her legs.

Trotted her up again today and she is still lame... so that meant no christmas eve hack :o(
She will have another day of rest tomorrow and I will go and see her on boxing day. My fingers are crossed that rest will be all she needs, but we are not doing box rest as that is a nightmare and imagine the size that Mayfly will end up!!! haha.

Anyway today I gave her some love and attention.
She had a lovely long groom and massage with the rubber curry comb, which she loves.
Of course she also ate a lot, including my lunch..........
naughty mare. lol.
Then had the joys of leg bandaging, gets me some good practice I guess.
Ooo and I finally got round to cleaning my mud covered tack, well done me.

Some-one needs to brush their teeth>>> haha.

Merry Christmas from Fly and I.

No comments: