Sunday 15 March 2009

Itchy Legs...

Poor Miss. Fly had a bit of a filled back leg this morning when I took off her bandages.

We trotted her up and she seemed ok so decided that she needed to walk out as standing on it all day doesn't do her any favours.
The only thing I could think that had caused it was her mud fever as I was picking at it quite a lot yesterday, and I had cleaned her legs.
So once out on our hack with Ben and Catherine Mayfly soon settled down and was enjoying herself. That was until she began to get itchy legs from her mud fever - she started to swoosh her tail, then jumping into trot so we had a nice trot in hope that would bang out the itchiness...unfortunately not she began kicking out (which she never does) so I took this as my cue to get off her and rub down her legs. Spoilt mare!
While I was off I took of her boots and checked her leg, which happily had become a lot less swollen.
Once I got back on she gave one more swoosh of the tail and was fine for the rest of the hack :o)

It was such a lovely day today, and our 2 hour hack was much enjoyed by all. Even Ben was nice a chilled out for once. Mayfly did lots of poos so hopefully she lost some weight too and we even produce some sweat today! And all the buds are coming out on the trees - finally some signs of much wanted spring.

She will have the day off tomorrow to rest and then she should be all back to normal for a little hack on Tuesday.

No comments: