Sunday 22 March 2009

From one Extreme to the Other...

Went on an early hack this morning on Madame Mayfly. She started at her usual waddle pace so we had to keep trotting to keep up with Ben's long stride! She did speed up a bit though when we made it passed the half way point.

Her leggies seems to be suffering from her mud fever again so I slapped on loads of suda-cream (nappy cream aha) and hopefully they won't fill too much more.
She is definitely loosing weight, thinking of measuring her belly to see if there is weight loss going on or I am just imagining it :D

So in the afternoon I had my birthday surprise - a jumping lesson on a event horse (which is for sale) called Sol. He was a real sweetheart and helped me out when I had some sticky moments, ie forgetting the course at the end. ahaa. He was the complete opposite of Mayfly not only in size but he actually jumped up into the air and over the jump unlike Fly's constant attempt to save energy and just skim the top pole!
Now, seeing as I haven't jumped in 4 months I was a bit apprehensive on how things would go but, I was rather pleased with myself as I also had never ridden this horse before.
Although, I am sure my body will be feeling a bit sore from it soon as it hasn't done that much work in a long while!

Anyway thanks to Catherine I got a some video footage of my lesson for all you to see and laugh at :o)

Sorry that the quality was ruined!

No comments: