Wednesday 11 March 2009

The First Canter

Well, not literally my first canter. But, my first canter on Mayfly since she she got her osteoarthritis.

She was very happy to be doing something a bit more exciting again, but was well behaved and didn't shoot off but she seemed comfortable doing it :o)
I was so happy to be cantering again, didn't realise how much I've missed a proper ride with a canter...even if it was only about 10 strides. hehe.
The canter will not be too often though, and only on perfect ground as little Miss Mayfly can't be doing her normal charge about anymore, and I sure know what she can be like! She will just have to learn to chill out a bit...

She was a funny mare when I went to feed her today. I think she felt she had been waiting far too long, and as I was opening the bolt on the door she gave my hand a big nudge telling me to hurry up as I was obviously going for too slow, and Mayfly's dinner waits for no-one. aha.

No comments: