Friday 6 March 2009

Ewww, Sickening Hack!

Mayfly was absolutely filthy when I arrived today as she had been out without a rug on.
She is in desperate need of a bath as her coat is so dusty and yuk...just need the weather to warm up a bit first.

So eventually after a long hard groom we made it out on our hack.

We went down to the woods behind the field and wondered round them, then as we were turning a corner Mayfly pricked up her ears and her put her head high in the air - I was a bit cautious at what she was looking at cause I find those woods scary enough! lol. But standing there was a deer, it tried to run away but it was hobbling, then I noticed it had a nasty wound on it's shoulder and one of it's front legs was hanging of the, swinging around when her tried to hop away. I felt sorry for the poor thing, but at the same time it was disgusting!!

Once this trauma was over we managed to have a rather nice hack, Fly was a bit full of herself and I really had to hold her back in trot naughty marey is desperate to go for a canter - she doesn't seem to understand why she can't!

No comments: