Saturday 8 August 2009

PUB HACK!

Doesn't she look so at home... :)
She loved all the attention, she loved her appletizer, and she decided to attempt to try the potted plant in the bottom right corner of the picture. Luckily I grabbed her before she did!

It was a lovely hack down, took 1hour 15minutes to get there and then 1hour to get home. With a nice 1hour break at the pub (with plenty of eyes on Mayfly) it was a brilliant day out.

On the hack down we came upon some stubble which Fly insisted on zooming along. Although she tired herself out as she is so unfit at the moment bless the fat mare. She was really funny as well as she was convinced that I was lost and therefore obviously needed her to take us both home as quick as possible!

On the way back we went through a very overgrown bridleway with thorn bushes coming from every direction. I knew before I had gone through that it was going to end up nastily, and it was. I lent right across Mayfly's neck, which she took as an opportunity to trot off and seeing as I had no control there was not much I could do about this. At the same time I had thorns attacking me all along my arms and over my back (seeing as I am so clever and it was a hot day I was only in a vest). Once I came to the end of this hell I was covered in blood and scratches...it was incredibly painful!

Apart from that minor slip up the hack was very enjoyable and I will definitely being doing it again, however I will not be going down that bridle way!

1 comment:

Sarai & Spur :) said...

haha.
i did this with my old horses as the stables were so near the pub. when i took my old horse here she dribbled in my chips and nocked over my lemonade and my other horse waas just pigging out on all the grass. horses eh you gotta love them :L
Ox.