Monday 11 May 2009

Happy Birthday Mayfly!


Sunday 10th May - Mayfly's 17th Birthday :o)

She's an old girl now! Not so sure she has noticed though.

We went for our birthday hack on Saturday as I was grooming on Sunday. Went for a lovely 2 hour, one that we have only been on once before and that was a long time ago now.
I think she could still remember it, which was lucky as I was a bit sticky on where to go... ahaa.
It was a beautiful day and a beautiful hack to go along with it :D
We came across a puddle which I put her into trot for as I know she likes a good splash on a hot day, bless her little heart she popped into canter for a proper good ol'charge through it.

On her birthday she got a rest relaxing and sunbathing in the field as it was a day full of sun especially for her.
When I returned she was shouting at me as if to say, "I don't care where you have been, but I need my dinner!"
I wouldn't be surprised that if she went one day without her feed and herbs she would 'happen' to go lame the next day, fat fat mare cannot possibly cope if she doesn't get her feed!
I made up her feed, went down to the field opened the gate and gave her a little encouragement and off she trotted up to the barn on a rampage for her food. ahh she is a funny one :o)

1 comment:

Alice said...

aww happy B'day May!