Saturday 25 April 2009

Beautiful Day

Today I had what was one of the nicest hacks I have had in a long time.

I am not too sure why, but it really was very enjoyable. We didn't go exceedingly fast, just stayed in walk and trot, although Mayfly was very keen bless her, jogging here and there and zooming off into a very powerful trot before I could grab up the reins properly!
She was very happy out today if you hadn't guessed :D

We met 7 groups of young walkers with their big heavy rucksacks obviously doing their bronze Duke of Edinburgh. Ahh was funny to see them doing it after I had the joys of doing it last year.
I was hacking the exact same route as all of them were walking so I knew, whilst they were sitting there thinking they were lost, where they should be going. Aren't I mean? :)


We got back and I gave her a good feed, which she was exceptionally eager to have of course, and then I turned her out for the night and we had a little "play" in the field.


No comments: