Thursday 5 February 2009

Snow Stilts

My 3rd snow day of this week :D

Went up in the morning as per usual. Did some mucking out, and luckily one of the taps was working however the hose was frozen up. But, it did mean I had less distance to haul the buckets of water to and throw.

The Physio came and had a little look at Mayfly which, Mayfly very much enjoyed, all this pampering I don't know! Of course she could not stop to shovel down the haylage at the same time. haha.

It was a bit slippy - ice with a layer of snow on top - so chose not to ride until later.

Went shopping instead, got Smartie a new numnah (tiniest thing I think I have ever seen) bless him.

When I did ride, with Ben too, we found that due to the snow being very sticky and wet the poor horses were struggling to cope with huge "snow stilts" that were appearing under their hooves. When I got off Mayfly had grown by a hand from when i got on her! haha.

No comments: